Restoration - Daimler V8 Completed August 1998
The brief with this restoration was to restore the car to the highest standard whilst incorporating a few modern practicalities for everyday use. This was a comprehensive restoration with every single component restored and improved braking and a modern sound system fitted.
The body as it arrived to us after dipping complete with major panel damage.
New sills and door skins were fitted, along with other repairs, then the car was lead wiped and file finished ready for painting.
The fully restored engine.
Then the refinished bodywork still in the spray booth the colour is opalescent maroon.
The finished car.
Despite the modern brakes and sound system, and the fact that the car was not built to be a show car, Darcy's Daimler has done exceptionally well in the Concours D'Elegance arena:- 1998 NSW Jaguar Concours: Classic Auto Restorations Perpetual Trophy Concours D'Elegance Winner MK I & MK II.
- 1998 NSW Jaguar Concours: Mark II & 2-1/2 Litre Class Silver Award.
- 1998 Daimler & Lanchester Club: J & M Steel Perpetual Trophy for SP-250 & 2-1/2 Litre Soveign Class Best V8 Saloon.
- 1998 Daimler & Lanchester Club: D.L.O.C. Open Class Perpetual Trophy- Best First Appearance (Restoration).
- 1999 NSW Jaguar Concours: Mark II & 2-1/2 Litre Class Silver Award.
- 1999 CVVTMC Concours: 1961-1980 Cars - Third Place - (entered at the request of the Jaguar Club).
- 1999 Daimler & Lanchester Club: J & M Steel Perpetual Trophy for SP-250 & 2-1/2 Litre & Soveign class Best V8 Saloon.
- 2000 National Jaguar Concours: Concours d'Elegance Gold Award.